EFA Youth is looking for a new EFAy Secretary General/coordinator ready to start working for the Youth orgnization from 1st April 2013 onwards. Thus, EFA youth is launching the hiring process now.
Profile for a new EFAy Secretary General/Coordinator
The European Free Alliance Youth is an umbrella organization of the youth branches of democratic nationalist, regionalist political parties and organizations throughout Europe, who are actively engaged at the State-Regional and European levels. Our members work towards a greater recognition of European diversity. Although EFAy is pro-European, it believes in a different European model to the one that exists at the moment.
We are looking for an EFAy Secretary General/Coordinator, to start working at the EFA office, based in Brussels, from April 1st 2013 onwards:
The candidate should:
- Have degree level (Bachelor degree, Master degree or equivalent)
- Have good organisation skills
- Be a good networker and team player
- Be able to use own-initiative and can work independently
- Have political analysis skills
- Have a clear understanding of the structures and workings for the European Union
- Have a strong awareness of the diversity within Europe and the challenges faced by regional and national minorities
- Have an open and tolerant attitude towards different cultures and working methods
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English and French are essential; Spanish and other languages spoken by EFA parties will be an asset)
- Have an ability to manage budgets and skills in managing funding applications, especially EU one
- Have good knowledge of ICT and have skills for managing and developing online media and communications strategies
- Ideally have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience for this post.
Experience within an EFAy group, EFA party or the EFA parliamentary group, as well as in youth work, will be an asset.
B. MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
FOLLOW-UP EFAy PRIORITIES AND POLICIES
- FUNDING: Working with the treasurer on the financial aspects of the organisation (including dealing with the accountant, with auditors, preparing annual dossier requesting public grants –European Commission and/or European Parliament- and party contributions, preparing final annual reports on the accounts, monitoring the good development of the financial situation).
- LEGAL ASPECTS: Being in charge of the necessary updating of the legal texts for the organisation (statutes and internal rules of procedure), related issues and to make sure that EFAy accomplish all of them.
- Co-ordinating the EFAy network
- Liaising with EFAy Bureau members, EFAy member organisations, EFA political party and parliamentary group, other political parties and organisations, participating in any meetings that are necessary for the development of the organisation
- Disseminating relevant information among members and informing them about any important European issue
- Maintaining and developing the EFAy online presence (website and social media outlets)
- Representing and promoting EFAy at a range of events (visits to political party meetings, visits to European regions/nations, etc. when necessary)
- Relations with the European Institutions, mainly the European Parliament.
- Organising the statutory meetings: General Assembly and Bureau meetings
- Organising and/or co-organising events, publications or activities of the organisation
- Managing membership and dealing with membership issues
- PRESS: Organising press conferences, screening press articles, building up relations with journalists, updating current press contacts.
- WEBSITE: Managing the EFAy website, Facebook (and other EFAy social media) and blog; updating information, looking for ways of raising the number of visitors and co-ordinating an electronic newsletter.
- Drafting texts for EFAy (Press release, Political statements…)
Additional duties may be added by the EFAy Bureau to ensure the aims of the organisation are being met.
C. WORKING CONDTIONS AND FACILITIES:
- CONTRACT: 1 year (according to Belgian law) with the possibility of an extension
- SALARY: Approximately 1900 € basic gross salary (subject to experience) + Meal tickets
- LOCATION: Boomkwekerijstraat 1, 1000 Brussels, Flanders-Belgium.
- WORKING TIME: 38 h/week (full time job). Working hours are flexible and will include occasional work during weekends and travelling in Europe. Compensation can be offered by additional holidays.
As the only member of staff employed by EFAy a close working relationship with EFA (mother party) and CMC (political foundation) staff is essential. Resources will be shared with EFA and it is therefore important that the EFAy Secretary General/Coordinator can identify opportunities to work collaboratively with the mother party
D. HOW TO SEND IN YOUR APPLICATION:
Please send your application by e-mail before Friday 1st February 2013 (midnight) to:
Jana Baceva (EFAy Secretary General): email@example.com
Roccu Garoby (EFAy President): firstname.lastname@example.org
Application sent after the deadline will not be accepted
Applications must include:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- An application letter stating a clear motivation
- A short youth news item on the involvement of young people in political activity, written in English/French of no more than 400 words
- Recommendation letters are welcome
The Bureau of EFAy will draw up a short list by Sunday 10th February 2013 and will be notified very soon after. The candidates selected on the short list will be notified and invited to attend an interview in Brussels on Saturday 2nd of March 2013. Shortlisted candidates are eligible for a modest compensation for travel.
Block already the date of the interview on your agenda
EFAy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of origin, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.