Come to “Democracy and European Emerging Values: The Right to Decide” a conference that we are going to organise with CMC, CIEMEN and JERC, the next 10th of September!
The aim of the conference is to launch the new book of EFAy and CMC with the same title assessing the right of the European nations for Self-Determination and its fitting in the European Union.
The book features a collection of 17 articles young scholars and activists from different stateless nations around Europe (Euskadi, the Catalan Countries: Catalunya and País Valencià, Galiza, Bretagne, Corsica, Wales, Scotland, Cornwall, Bayern, Flandes, Silesia, Transylvania, Süd-Tirol, Faroe Islands, Moravia and Nagorno-Karabakh).
In the first panel, held in the morning, four of these authors will assess the situation in their nation, and in the afternoon, a panel of law and academic experts will discuss the inclusion of nations and new states in the EU).
FIRST SESSION (09:00 to 12:00) – Challenging the current European state system
09:00 – Welcoming words
• David Minoves. CIEMEN.
• Roccu Garoby. President of EFAy.
• Gerard Gómez del Moral. National Spokesperson of JERC.
09:30 to 11:30 – First panel
• Morgan Horn. Vice-conveyor, Scottish National Party Students (Scotland).
• Christophe Bostyn. European project manager and writer (Vlaanderen).
• Lilit Asryan. Head of Press Service, National Assembly of NKR (Nagorno-Karabakh Republic).
• Elsa Berg. Board member, Unga Tjóðveldið (Faroe Islands).
Moderator: Victor Gallou. Vice-president for Self-Determination, EFAy.
11:30 to 12:00 – Debate – Conclusions
SECOND SESSION (15:00 to 17:00) – Building the self-determination right in Europe
15:00 – Opening
• Xavier Macías. President of Centre Maurits Coppieters.
15:10 to 16:30 – Second panel
• James Summers. Law School Lecturer, Lancaster University.
• Johanna Green. Program Manager, UNPO.
• Josep Costa. Politic Theory Lecturer, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
• Quim Torra. President of Òmnium Cultural and former director of Born Centre Cultural.
Moderator: Lluís Pérez. Academic Director, Josep Irla Foundation.
16:30 to 17:00 – Debate – Conclusions
Venue: CIEMEN Auditorium (Rocafort Street, 242 bis, Barcelona)