The Project Manager will be hired for the period 8/10/2018-31/12/2018 (4 months). Before the end of contract, there is a possibility that he or she should be hired with an annual contract as a permanent member of the staff after an evaluation.
EFA-EFAy-Coppieters HQ (Boomkwekerijstraat, 1 / 4 1000 Brussels, Belgium).
The Project Manager, apart from awareness and interest in EFAy and EFA:
– Shall have good knowledge of EFAY’s structure, functioning and activity.
– Shall be knowledgeable about and interested in youth policy and activity.
– Shall have good knowledge of EU-institutions and European grant funding or is willing to learn this in the short term.
– Shall have excellent political analysis skills.
– Preferably holds a university degree (BA/MA or similar) or relevant experience.
– Shall have excellent knowledge of English. A good knowledge of French, Spanish and other languages spoken by EFA parties will be an asset. The ideal candidate should have a sensibility towards multilingualism.
– Shall have strong organisational skills and ability to prioritize.
– Shall be able to use own-initiative and can work independently.
– Shall be a good networker with a team spirit approach.
– Shall have basic knowledge of accounting.
– Shall have good knowledge of ICT.
– Ideally have a minimum of 1 year relevant experience for this post.
– Must be less than 35 years old.
Experience within an EFAy group, EFA party or the EFA parliamentary group, as well as in youth activism, is not essential but would be an asset.
The role of the Project Manager will be to assist the Coordinator in the following duties:
– To implement the decisions taken by the Bureau and/or the President.
– To keep regular contact with the Members and to be the link between these and the Bureau (and vice versa).
– To organise the statutory meetings of the organisation (General Assembly, Bureau Meetings and committees).
– To organise other events and activities.
– To assist the Members in their initiatives and proposals throughout the year.
– To take care of the social media and the communications.
– To produce the financial documents: balance, budget, etc.
– To perform secretarial tasks: minutes, issue of documents etc.
– To seek and apply for external sources of funding.
– To be in contact with the European Institutions (European Parliament, the European Commission, the Council of Europe…).
– To represent EFAy in meetings/events with third parties and institutions.
– Any other task that the Coordinator or the Bureau shall assign.
The gross salary will be aprox 2000€ per month (around 1300-1500€ before taxes).
The Project Manager will be directly accountable to the Coordinator on a daily basis and to the Bureau. He or she will attend to the meetings of the Bureau, the body that will act as his or her employer. He or she will also be accountable to the General Assembly and subject to its decisions.
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your motivation letter (explaining in particular your involvement with EFAy) and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
25th July: Publication of the call.
13th August: Deadline for receiving candidacies.
13th-19th August: Elaboration of the shortlist and communicating the decision.
12th September: Interviews in the EFAy HQ (Brussels) to the shortlisted. (The travels and accommodation for one night will be covered by EFAy). Final decision and communication.
8th October: Start of the contract.