- Having the European Charter for Regional and Minority Languages and the treaty of Lisbon.
- Taking into account the role of the Council of Europe, the EU institutions and the states
- Taking into account the different demands coming from the different peoples throughout Europe
The European Free Alliance Youth
- Urges all states member of the Council of Europe to ratify and fully implement the European Charter for Regional and Minority Languages.
- Supports the democratic inclusive and peaceful demand for granting to a regional or minority language a co-official status in the territory where it is spoken and towards the European institutions.
- Considers that all European languages and cultures are part of the European patrimony; considers therefore that any technical, legal or constitutional limit as a discrimination based on linguistic or cultural criteria. Therefore calls on the Council of Europe and the EU institutions to pressure the reluctant states to ratify and fully implement the European Charter in order to avoid linguistic and cultural discrimination.